Friday, March 27, 2009

The Seven Wonders of my Life.

While “life is a necklace of fears” as Björk expresses in the song “Bachelorette,” I may define life as a priceless necklace embellished with beads of miracles, marvels, and momentous experiences woven together by the divine Creator. Among the countless spherules (events) of varied shades and hues, the significant seven of them that impart beauty and spark to my life’s necklace are:

The day my brother was born and I was able to hold him in my lap.

The day I received the results of my matriculation examination since the grades were much higher than expected.

The day I secured admission in the AKHSS.

The moment when I lent my first gaze to the person who was not destined to be mine.

The day I received the first billet doux of my life.

The day when I was notified about one of my poems being published in a book.

And above all, the times when I mustered up my strength with the assistance of my family and friends.

Without a doubt, I can tag the above-mentioned events as the “Seven Wonders of my Life,” which had been infused with diversified kinds of beliefs, emotions and sentiments.

The inspiration for the respective post has been drawn from the WritingFix's Random Daily Prompt Generator and the respected readers are requested to share their wonders of life in the comments section only if they feel comfortable in doing so.

Happy Reading!

9 comments:

ayrshireguy said...

Interesting reading. I'm not sure what my seven wonders are. They would certainly include going to university, visiting Niagra Falls, meeting my great friend Esther and having the support of my close family while I build my business. Good article, has got me thinking :)

Aparajita said...

Hey...very nice post. Personal, but touching. I can understand.
I have my special moments too, but sharing them here would be a bit difficult! Maybe sometime I'll do it on my own blog.
www.conversations-with-aparajita.blogspot.com.

Amal Bose said...

it was an interesting read.. my wonders may include being with my family and friends and may be some academic events as well.

Anonymous said...

Hi This was a pleasure to read. I loved the simple flow of your writing. keep sharing. Do visit my blog too. love
tikuli

SAMI said...

sweet n realistic... i loved this post ov urs buddy... evn i m not sure abt the 7 wonders but one them "um sure", n u myt b surprised to know that its ur frendship now i mean ur are surely a wonder out of those seven

khulud baig said...

OMG... I can't believe this..I am as interested in writing as you are.. i love poetry and write-ups and recently photography!!! Please do check out my blog as well http://myworksandwords.blogspot.com. i'll also be joining the akhss in august!! actually getting in there is also a wonder of my life!! keep it up!!

Sarah Rahman said...

@ ayrshireguy: Thank you for stopping by and reading it. I wish you have a wonderful life. Thanks for sharing :)

@ Aparajita Bhattacharya: Thank you for appreciating the post. Let me know when you write a piece and I will be having a look at it for sure. Take care :)

@ Amal: Thanks for sharing.

Thank you, @ tikulicious

@ Sami: Are you serious? :) Thanks a ton!

@ Khulud: Give in your best, Khulud. And cherish the wonder of securing admission in AKHSS.

Cheers!

MAJ said...

very interesting to read your seven wonders...:)

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am checking this blog using the phone and this appears to be kind of odd. Thought you'd wish to know. This is a great write-up nevertheless, did not mess that up.

- David